Website Republic Bank
About Republic Bank
Republic Bank’s values are built upon making an IMPACT for our clients, our associates and the communities we serve. (IMPACT stands for Innovate for the Future, Make it Easy, Provide Exceptional Service, Acknowledge & Celebrate Success, Commit to Caring and Thrive Together) The associates of Republic Bank are the key to our success as an organization and we value our associates. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the last five years! For more information about the company, please visit www.republicbank.com.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Card Fraud Reporting Analyst is responsible for handling the research of internal and external fraud, managing our fraud protection solutions/platforms and all documented reporting. In addition, this position will work with our internal and external partners to determine fraud patterns and solutions to protect the bank and its clients.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in creating and monitoring reports required.
• Debit and/or Credit Card experience required.
• Fraud, audit, banking, or compliance experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products specifically Microsoft Excel and internet applications required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Write reports, and document evidence, findings, and recommendations.
• Review overlimit, overdraft, excessive authorization and other suspicious activities reports daily. Complete the investigation of any unusual activity. Take corrective action on account (block, close accounts, etc.) to prevent losses as requested.
• Monitor early warning systems for card-based threats and assist with the investigation of any unusual activities and take corrective action on the accounts to prevent losses. These systems/solutions include 3DS, Falcon, SecurLock Predict.
• Manage and document rule making, rule validation and report on rule performance with assigned SecurLock Predict Analyst.
• Complete response to internal and external inquiries on card-based fraud activities and losses.
• Document claims and maintain files and organized records of all activities.
• Participate in the preparation and submittal of reports of claims, rebuttals, chargebacks, and other activities as instructed.
• Identify sources, monitor, analyze and interpret key performance metrics including transaction attempts, Fraud Scoring, network fraud volumes, other key statistics, to develop communications on findings and to support the build of strategic and tactical recommendations.
• Partner with external resources (Mastercard/Visa, NAPCP, etc.) to understand Card Fraud trends to identify solutions or new partners to protect Republic Bank and its clients.
• Engage Fraud Investigators as needed.
• Monitor, report and escalate risks (as necessary) associated with our business objectives to ensure they adhere to and support Republic’s Risk Management directives.
• Collaborates with both the Audit, Fraud and Security Department with research as requested.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the regulatory environment to ensure that products, solutions, and activities are compliant with all applicable laws and internal procedures.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability, and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly performs all other duties and projects as required.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills; for effective interactions with associates, customers, and law enforcement.
• Self-motivated and work in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities is required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings and weekends.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.