Website Republic Bank
About Republic Bank
Republic Bancorp, Inc is the parent company of Republic Bank & Trust Company (NASDAQ – RBCAA), headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky with $6.5 billion in assets. The Bank currently has 42 full-service banking centers throughout fives states: Kentucky, Indiana, Florida, Tennessee, and Ohio. Founded in 1982, Republic Bank employs over 1,000 associates and is Kentucky’s largest, locally owned, and operated community bank. For more information about the company, please visit www.republicbank.com.
Republic Bank’s values are built upon making an IMPACT for our clients, our associates and the communities we serve. (IMPACT stands for Innovate for the Future, Make it Easy, Provide Exceptional Service, Acknowledge & Celebrate Success, Commit to Caring and Thrive Together) The associates of Republic Bank are the key to our success as an organization and we value our associates. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the last five years!
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Commercial Credit Analyst III is responsible for evaluating strengths and weaknesses of all business loans, particularly larger loans and complex credits, and recommending loans for approval.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferred in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics.
• Minimum of 5 years of accounting, financial analysis or bank credit administration experience required.
• Ability to conduct complex financial analysis, use spreadsheet software tools, and effectively communicate findings to loan officers and senior management.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and internet applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review application, credit reports, and other information submitted with application.
• Obtain or inform lenders if additional information is needed to complete analysis.
• Conduct financial analysis including spreading statements, ratio analysis, and peer and industry comparisons as available. Also review and analyze the financial condition of any guarantors.
• Maintain average turnaround time for credit analyses at four days or less.
• Make recommendations to Special Asset Committee/Loan Review for review of potentially troubled credits.
• Prepare narrative analysis of findings and drafts credit memorandum/loan presentation for lenders.
• Monitor borrowing bases and loan covenants.
• Obtain and retain product knowledge certification.
• Participate in the origination process with the loan officer to include follow up with customer, as needed.
• This position will conduct 175-225 of officer requested credit analyses and draft loan presentations each year.
• This position may provide “team lead” type functions, such as training new associates on the credit process, answering questions and providing guidance on credits to other associates, and reviewing write ups of other associates, on an as needed basis
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills for effective interactions with loan officers and senior management to communicate loan decision findings.
• Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
• Requires a strong sense of urgency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings and weekends.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.