Website Republic Bank
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Computer Operator is responsible for operating an IBM iSeries computer system as well as all related peripheral devices. This position will be able to fulfill the daily production tasks but with supervision. Furthermore, the position will assist the Manager and higher-level operators in all production activities.
This position will be required to work 2nd shift: Monday-Friday 1pm-9pm.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum 1 year of experience working in an enterprise IT environment required.
• Minimum 1 year of experience working in a banking environment preferred.
• Exposure to Microsoft Office products and internet applications required
• Introductory knowledge of how modern networks function preferred.
• Familiarity of Microsoft servers and the Microsoft Operating System preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitor job processes on an IBM iSeries computer system.
• Work in a Microsoft computing environment, including Windows servers.
• Operate stuffer/mailer and folder/sealer machines; report and document equipment failure; perform routine maintenance.
• Respond to messages requiring operator action from individual and QSYSOPR message queues.
• Print, fold, seal and distribute computer-generated checks, letters, and special forms.
• Prepare and complete the miscellaneous daily and periodic processing sheets utilized.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Good verbal and written communications skills are necessary for effective interaction with clients, vendors, and various departments, and/or to help resolve problems.
• Must be self-motivated and work cohesively in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Considerable care and discretion are imperative, due to the prospect of a considerable loss of working time, money, image and goodwill.
• A posture of continued self-learning is essential to retain relevant skills whilst working with information systems.
• Strong desire to learn and a general attitude of curiosity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities is required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel may be required.
• Must be able to work all shifts to cover vacations and other required personnel outages.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.