Website Republic Bank
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Credit Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for assisting credit administration and management in the decision-making processes during credit reviews by analyzing the financial condition of projects, individuals and business entities. This position is also responsible for evaluating strengths and weaknesses of larger loans and complex credits and recommending loans for approval. Additionally, this position is responsible for the collection, interpretation, analysis, and communication and reporting of financial, credit and/or operational statistical data as it relates to lending with RBWL. Assist in the development and maintenance of various data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience required. Preferred in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics.
• Minimum of 5 years accounting, financial analysis or bank credit administration experience required.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in conducting complex financial analysis, using spreadsheet software tools required.
• Developed knowledge of credit and financial analysis techniques required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review application, credit reports, and other information submitted with application.
• Communicate regularly with client Senior Management regarding facility requirements and status. Obtain or inform mortgage bankers if additional information is needed to complete monitoring requirements and analysis.
• Conduct financial & credit analysis including ratio analysis, and peer and industry comparisons as available. Also review and analyze the financial condition of any guarantors.
• Identify risks & interpret data for Credit Administration and management to utilize in rendering sound underwriting decisions.
• Prepare analysis of detailed historical and projected financial analysis and financial statements (Company prepared, CPA compiled, reviewed and audited.)
• Prepares and reviews supporting documentation to ensure that pertinent credit related issues are addressed, and prepares summary of findings. Assist credit administration and management in the credit decision, processes and compilation/preparation of the Credit Department Reports.
• Responsible for monitoring, testing and reporting loan covenants compliance.
• Maintains current knowledge of market conditions and bank lending guidelines.
• Participate in the origination process with the Relationship manager to include follow up with customer in a professional manner regarding information that has been provided and questions arising from the evaluation.
• Create and maintain department reports stratifying client performance and line specifications.
• Track new client, renewal applications, and modifications from submission and underwriting, to ELC approval, legal document execution, system activation, and billing.
• Make specific requests to outside counsel to prepare legal documents for new clients, renewals, and modifications.
• Review prepared legal documents to ensure approved line specifications are represented and communicate corrections to outside counsel when necessary.
• Responsible for the delivery of legal and bank documents to clients with specific instructions for their completion. Review signed documents to ensure all have been executed properly and saved in Bank systems as required.
• Provide system data requests for annual onsite reviews and internal & external auditors.
• Perform annual audit of ALL system setup and rules to ensure the current approved credit parameters are programed accurately.
• Responsible for maintaining fee reporting.
• Review and forward third party and legal bills for bank payment.
• Calculate monthly warehouse fees. (Non-Use fees and Interest Discount)
• Responsible for approving daily client advances as necessary.
• Create invoices for third party, legal, and warehouse fees, bill clients, track invoices to ensure payment and process payments.
• Assist in daily maintenance of Power BI dashboards.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills for effective interactions with Relationship Managers and senior management to communicate loan decision findings.
• Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Demonstrated ability to independently gather, consolidate, analyze and summarize data to provide well-considered recommendations for all levels of commercial credit relationships.
• Proven ability to identify and quantify subtle business risks and the ability to identify key drivers of risk and focus discussions accordingly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel may be required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings and weekends.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.