Website Republic Bank
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Dispute Specialist is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the chargeback initiative, including but not limited to daily workflow evaluation, coordinating activities with our card processor and Bank personnel, and providing exceptional customer service to facilitate the optimal performance of the chargeback program.
• Minimum of 1-year combined debit/credit card dispute experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Internet applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for processing check/debit disputes into card management system.
• Assist in maintaining the database for disputes/fraudulent activity in our debit/credit card portfolio.
• Assist in the investigation and the processing of incoming customer and banking center debit and credit card disputes.
• Ensure client satisfaction by resolving client reported transaction disputes in a prompt and timely manner.
• Provides quality customer service to external as well as internal customers.
• Stay current on changes to products, procedures and policy of the bank and the department.
• Protect client information by following department security guidelines and procedures.
• Notifies banking center and/or client of findings and actions taken via telephone, fax, or letter.
• Assist in the research of both routine and non-routine problems ensuring a satisfactory resolution.
• Assist with card production duties as needed.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability, and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective interactions with associates and supervisor.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency; ability to work with situations on a “rush” notice.
• Must be well organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task.
• Able to work collaboratively with others at various levels in the organization.
• Must be self-motivated, self-starter and work in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities is required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends, and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.