Website Republic Bank
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Employee Relations Specialist manages all leave of absence processes and provides support and guidance in the development and effective administration of the programs, policies, and procedures. This role is responsible for responding to associate inquiries in a timely, accurate, and effective manner. Additionally, this position is also responsible for assisting the Director of Employee Relations in various personnel matters.
• Bachelor’s degree in HR or equivalent HR experience required.
• Two (2) plus years of FMLA, Disability, and Leave Administration experience preferred.
• Two (2) plus years of Employee Relations experience preferred.
• Demonstrates strong working knowledge of EEO laws and general HR policies required.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
• Working knowledge of HRIS system UltiPro preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as a liaison between associates and third-party FML/STD/LTD administrator to ensure medical leaves are administered in accordance with applicable regulations and Republic Bank policies.
• Provide ongoing communication of approved and applied LOA to management and associates.
• Manages associate ADA accommodations requests.
• Assists the Director of Employee Relations with personnel matters including but not limited to:
o Investigates associate issues and complaints,
o Assists managers with addressing associate performance concerns
o Completes unemployment documentation,
o Conducts periodic interviews with recently hired associates to gauge job satisfaction.
• Responsible for preparing termination documentation for associates that are exiting RBT and conducts exit interviews.
• May develop and/or deliver training to managers and associates regarding employment related subjects.
• Manages the bank’s tuition reimbursement program, this includes but is not limited to, developing communications, maintaining the Education Matters SharePoint page, and reporting on analytics as it relates to the program.
• Manages the bank’s fitness program, this includes but is not limited to, processing invoices, maintaining current and accurate information in the HRIS system, and reporting on analytics as it relates to the program.
• Responsible for running reports, compiling, and managing data to keep management informed.
• Assist in the annual associate salary compensation reviews and performance evaluation process.
• Independently applies procedures, policy manuals, knowledge base, and other reference materials to assist in answering associate/manager inquiries and resolving issues promptly.
• Responsible for keeping policies and procedures up to date for areas of responsibility.
• Assists department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all company associates.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability, and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Requires excellent verbal and professional written communications skills for effective interactions with Bank Associates, Clients, Executives, etc.
• Ability to handle highly sensitive confidential information and discern appropriate involvement and escalation with pertinent parties.
• Requires an extremely perceptive person, who can relate to individuals at all levels.
• Meets deadlines, maintains composure under pressure, and easily adapts to change.
• High level of self-initiative and dependability. Possesses positive “can do” attitude.
• Detail-oriented and maintains accuracy while working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.