Website Republic Bank
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Escrow Specialist position is accountable for providing the highest level of customer service to internal and external customers with operational integrity. Primary responsibilities include procurement and payment of assigned lender paid escrowed items, including Homeowners Insurance and Property Taxes prior to their due date avoiding any and all penalties and interest. This position will work under the direct supervision of the Escrow Supervisor.
• High school diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred.
• Minimum of 1-year previous experience in a Loan Servicing or Financial Operations environment preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) PDF and internet applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Contact clients, insurance companies and/or bank personnel concerning non receipt of hazard insurance premium renewal.
• Record receipt of taxes paid on non-escrow portfolio.
• Respond timely to miscellaneous tax and hazard insurance inquiries from clients and bank personnel.
• Responsible for the proper storage and verification of storage of pertinent documentation as required
• Conduct quality assurance reviews of hazard insurance and real estate tax payments to ensure compliance with investor requirements, city, school, county, state and federal governments, CFPB and RESPA.
• Adherence to established policies and procedures; collaborate with the Escrow Supervisor to amend assigned procedures immediately upon notification of change, addition or declination request.
• Obtain and review hazard insurance and real estate tax reporting and conduct maintenance or due diligence as required.
• Primary contact for assigned hazard insurance agencies and providers and real estate tax municipalities.
• Assist with systems testing to validate data, identify gaps or illogical errors.
• Monitor safeguards to ensure the integrity of our client’s personal and financial data.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
• Demonstrates basic math and/or accounting principles as it relates to Loan Servicing.
• Requires ability to work independently and as a team, under pressure and deadlines.
• Ability to problem solve and evaluates a process for both potential risk and efficiency improvement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.