Website Republic Bank
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Funding Specialist is responsible for the disbursement of all loan proceeds and to the appropriate recipient for all Real Estate secured loan closings.
• High school diploma or equivalent required; College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Previous loan operations and/or lending processing experience preferred.
• Previous mortgage industry experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Internet applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform funding transactions to disburse all real estate secured loans to the appropriate recipient in accordance with policy and procedures for the Closing Department to the appropriate recipient.
• Review closing documents to ensure they are signed, dated and notarized prior to disbursing funds on Purchase transactions
• Work closely with closing attorneys to ensure that the loan applications funding amount balances with their figures.
• Call and verify Wiring Instructions on ever loan that is receiving a wire to ensure accuracy and avoid potential fraudulent transactions from occurring
• Prepare any disbursement in a timely manner to ensure the funds are available to the attorney at the time the loan is taking place or at the time the Funding Authorization documents are received
• Prepare funding worksheets for every loan file to ensure accuracy of the disbursement being made and to ensure that the debits and credits balance
• Use various methods and systems to disburse the funds; i.e. OTE transactions, wires, etc.
• Responsible for overnighting payoffs for any bank closed mortgage loans.
• Work daily reports to ensure that the bank cures any outstanding funding outages in a timely manner. ie work with Lenders and Attorneys.
• Work directly with management to clear any GL outage.
• Look for innovative ways to streamline the flow of work and better assist clients.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal & written communications skills for effective interactions with associates and supervisor.
• Must be detail oriented and able to work in a team environment.
• Must have a highly developed work ethic including self motivation, time management and origination skills.
• Requires a high energy level and a strong sense of urgency.
• Must be organized and be able to multi-task.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.