Website Republic Bank
About Republic Bank
Republic Bancorp, Inc is the parent company of Republic Bank & Trust Company (NASDAQ – RBCAA), headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky with $6.5 billion in assets. The Bank currently has 42 full-service banking centers throughout fives states: Kentucky, Indiana, Florida, Tennessee, and Ohio. Founded in 1982, Republic Bank employs over 1,000 associates and is Kentucky’s largest, locally owned, and operated community bank. For more information about the company, please visit www.republicbank.com.
Republic Bank’s values are built upon making an IMPACT for our clients, our associates and the communities we serve. (IMPACT stands for Innovate for the Future, Make it Easy, Provide Exceptional Service, Acknowledge & Celebrate Success, Commit to Caring and Thrive Together) The associates of Republic Bank are the key to our success as an organization and we value our associates. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the last five years!
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Commercial Credit Intern is responsible for assisting in loan application analysis, administrative/clerical functions, data entry, and validation within the Commercial Credit department specifically to assist with loan origination documentation under the supervision of management.
***This is a part time, paid internship (20 hours/week to be scheduled during the Monday – Friday business hours) based at our eastside Hurstbourne offices in Louisville KY; it is slated to last 12 months.***
• Active pursuit of Finance, Accounting, Finance, Business/Economics or related degree required.
• Strong MS Office skills including, but not limited to Excel (2010 and above), Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with reviewing loan applications for compliance with programs.
• Perform data validation to ensure all necessary information is accurate and correct.
• Verify financial information submitted for loans has supporting documents to ensure loan should be completed.
• Communicate with loan officers on missing documentation or errors in application, when needed.
• Complete daily follow up on files to ensure receipt of all necessary documentation has been received/completed.
• Perform data entry into loan origination systems as needed for loan requests.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Candidate should possess a natural curiosity for how banks work.
• Must be comfortable around technology.
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Meticulous to detail and extremely organized.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.