Website Republic Bank
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Loan Review Intern is responsible for performing loan reviews, reporting, and special projects under the supervision of a full time Loan Review staff member. The Loan Review Intern is also responsible for assisting in general loan review functions including legal and regulatory compliance monitoring and data compilation.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Active pursuit of Accounting, Finance or related degree required.
• Principles of Accounting I and II, Intermediate Accounting helpful.
• Demonstrated ability in Word, Excel, and Internet applications.
***This is a part time, paid internship (24 hours/week to be scheduled during the Monday – Friday business hours) based at our downtown Louisville KY offices; it is slated to last 12 months***
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review business financial statements and personal financial statements.
• Prepare loan review reports based on analysis of financial statements.
• Review Credit Administration write-ups for accuracy and adherence to loan policy.
• Assist in preparation and monitoring of department reports as needed.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Must have good time management and organizational skills.
• Must be able to multi-task and be detail oriented.
• Must approach tasks with a sense of urgency and adhere to assigned deadlines.
• Must have effective communication (written and verbal) skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel may be required.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings and weekend work.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.