Website Republic Bank
“Republic Bank believes in the development and advancement of our associates. We offer the opportunity to learn all aspects of the company to prepare for future advancement. Come join our team for a career, not just a job!“
About Republic Bank
Republic Bank’s values are built upon making an IMPACT for our clients, our associates and the communities we serve. (IMPACT stands for Innovate for the Future, Make it Easy, Provide Exceptional Service, Acknowledge & Celebrate Success, Commit to Caring and Thrive Together) The associates of Republic Bank are the key to our success as an organization and we value our associates. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the last five years! For more information about the company, please visit www.republicbank.com.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Loan Review Officer II is responsible for the independent annual review of more complex commercial loan relationships that qualify for a loan review per current regulatory policy guidelines. This position is also responsible for lending assistance in the preparation of management reports on a monthly and quarterly basis as needed.
• Knowledge of bank lending regulations required.
• Minimum 5 years previous loan review, credit analysis, and/or underwriting experience required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in conducting complex financial analysis, using spreadsheet software tools, and effectively communicating conclusions and findings to senior management required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform commercial loan reviews on larger and more complex loan relationships. Loan review will consist of annual financial statement analysis, performance with terms and conditions, documentation in file, compliance with Banking regulations and loan policy; officer correspondence and other items that will support risk ratings.
• Evaluate compliance with the Commercial Loan Approval Process as required in the Bank’s Lending
• Recommend risk rating changes where necessary.
• Evaluate compliance with Commercial Loan Underwriting requirements as required in the Bank’s Lending Policy.
• Evaluate compliance with proper Credit Administration of the account.
• Document reviews and conclusions regarding findings and preparation of the Loan Review Report.
• Interact with lending officers, credit administration, management and other bank employees when requested or regarding assigned responsibilities by the Manager in the various processes of reviewing the loan portfolio.
• Respond to requests for special analysis and projects as required by the Manager.
• Perform scheduled reviews of specific loans held for follow-up and reexamination and makes recommendations for appropriate actions.
• Report pertinent information to the immediate manager as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to the appropriate bank personnel.
• Review the work of the Review Officer as a quality control check when necessary.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills for interaction with banking officer to discuss loan relationships and resolve related issues.
• Self-motivated and work in a team environment.
• Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
• Demonstrate ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be necessary.
• Overnight travel may be required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings and weekends.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.