Website Republic Bank
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Mortgage Compliance Officer will provide business unit oversight of compliance with primary federal and state regulations and statutes for the mortgage department. This position will work closely with the Compliance Department to ensure compliance of all mortgage-related rules, regulations, and statutes.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in mortgage banking, compliance, lending, or a similar industry that directly correlate to job functions and responsibilities required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure that Mortgage Department policies and procedures comply with applicable regulatory requirements.
• Oversee legal compliance in the marketing and advertising of mortgage products and services by working closely with the Mortgage Marketing Specialist to ensure applicable rules and regulations are being followed.
• Develop and monitor key performance indicators for the Mortgage Department.
• Assist in other areas when needed such as product and system testing and development.
• Serve as a subject matter expert in key laws and regulations for the Mortgage Department.
• Monitor and analyze developing trends and changes in applicable mortgage-related laws and regulations. Assist Mortgage Department management with the implementation of regulatory changes.
• Assist in training Mortgage Department operations and sales associates on compliance-related matters.
• Review new products and initiatives for compliance with applicable federal and state regulations, statutes, and guidance.
• Assist in state mortgage expansion projects and have knowledge of lending laws in the Company’s lending areas.
• Provide responses regarding daily questions from associates throughout the company regarding complex TRID, Regulation B, and other regulatory issues.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability, and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Must be able to work independently and exercise good judgment in escalating of issues to Mortgage Department management.
• Must be able to make decisions regarding compliance requirements and determine potential compliance implications for various situations.
• Must have a highly developed work ethic including self-motivation, time management, organizational, and detail orientation skills.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects at once.
• Must approach tasks with a sense of urgency and adhere to assigned deadlines.
• Must have effective communication (written and verbal) skills to adequately convey reports, findings, etc. related to job function.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities is required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings and weekends.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.