Website Republic Bank
About Republic Bank
Republic Bank’s values are built upon making an IMPACT for our clients, our associates and the communities we serve. (IMPACT stands for Innovate for the Future, Make it Easy, Provide Exceptional Service, Acknowledge & Celebrate Success, Commit to Caring and Thrive Together) The associates of Republic Bank are the key to our success as an organization and we value our associates. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the last five years! For more information about the company, please visit www.republicbank.com.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Mortgage Loan Originator performs a wide range of duties related to the origination of residential 1st and 2nd mortgages. Meets standards, objectives, and goals set forth by management for originating loans and cross-selling products and services of the bank.
• Minimum of 1+ year’s mortgage sales experience preferred.
• Demonstrated high level working knowledge of residential conventional/government mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing guidelines.
• Experience and previous success in a telesales/call center/lead generation environment is preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs; Word. Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• NMLS registration required*
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Generate funded residential loan volume by offering Republic Bank lending products by making outbound calls, accepting inbound calls, and communicating electronically with potential clients.
• Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures and underwriting guidelines. Collect appropriate documentation from applicants in time frames established by management.
• Deliver exceptional levels of customer service and communicate with both applicants and internal support staff with timely updates and progress reports.
• Maintain all prospect, client, and referral partner information in Republic Bank’s CRM software.
• Manage a pipeline for all originated loans to the closing.
• Effectively communicate with Mortgage Loan Assistants, Processors, and Underwriters regarding client files.
• Partner with assigned Mortgage Loan Originator I (if applicable) to increase prospecting and follow up conversion rates.
• Execute effective marketing plans to meet or exceed mortgage production goals.
• Attend and participate in all mortgage lender meetings and training as required by management.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment.
• Strong email execution and delivery skills.
• Desire to excel in a competitive environment.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Must be able to multitask constantly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel may be required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
*This position is subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations as defined by the SAFE Act must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in corrective counseling up to termination of employment.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.