Website Republic Bank
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Mortgage Loan Partner performs a wide range of duties related to the origination of residential 1st and 2nd mortgages for outside referrals. Meets standards, objectives, and goals set forth by management for originating loans and cross-selling products and services of the bank. Assume overall responsibility for the residential mortgage loan from application to closing.
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Experience and previous success in an outside sales or telesales/call center/lead generation environment is preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs; Word. Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• NMLS registration required*
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with assigned Mortgage Loan Originators to develop referral contacts (realtors, builders, professionals and personal contacts) for 1st and 2nd mortgage loans.
• Assist assigned Mortgage Loan Originators with in-person realtor presentations, marketing events and sales calls.
• Generate funded residential loan volume by offering Republic Bank lending products by making outbound calls, accepting inbound calls, and communicating electronically with potential clients.
• Assist assigned Mortgage Loan Originators with client interviews, gather information pertaining to their unique financial situations and qualification requirements.
• Advise and educate clients on the home buying process, financing options and how to better manage their mortgage.
• Participate in industry associations, networking groups and Republic Bank sponsored events to promote Republic Bank mortgage lending services.
• Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures and underwriting guidelines. Collect appropriate documentation from applicants in time frames established by management.
• Deliver exceptional levels of customer service and communicate with realtors, applicants and internal support staff with timely updates and progress reports.
• Maintain all prospect, client, and referral partner information in Republic Bank’s CRM software.
• Execute effective marketing plans to meet or exceed mortgage production goals.
• Attend and participate in all mortgage lender meetings and training as required by management.
• Learn the credit culture of Republic Bank in order to present appropriate credits for approval.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment.
• Strong email execution and delivery skills.
• Desire to excel in a competitive environment.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Must be able to multitask constantly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities and Realtor offices is required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel may be required.
• Requires a flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime work.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
*This position is subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations as defined by the SAFE Act must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in corrective counseling up to termination of employment.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.