Website Republic Bank
“Republic Bank believes in the development and advancement of our associates. We offer the opportunity to learn all aspects of the company to prepare for future advancement. Come join our team for a career, not just a job!“
About Republic Bank
Republic Bank’s values are built upon making an IMPACT for our clients, our associates and the communities we serve. (IMPACT stands for Innovate for the Future, Make it Easy, Provide Exceptional Service, Acknowledge & Celebrate Success, Commit to Caring and Thrive Together) The associates of Republic Bank are the key to our success as an organization and we value our associates. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the last five years! For more information about the company, please visit www.republicbank.com.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Mortgage & Retail Servicing Specialist position is accountable for providing the highest level of customer service to internal and external customers with operational integrity. Primary responsibilities include providing accurate and timely payoff quotes on consumer loans, payment posting transactions, basic investor reporting & remittance, sold loan processing and performing various basic loan related duties.
• Minimum of 1-year previous experience in a Loan Servicing environment preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) PDF and internet applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitor safeguards to ensure the integrity of our client’s personal and financial data.
• Review loan transaction history to ensure proper payment posting.
• Research and correctly post un-posted, unapplied and exception transactions for mortgage and retail loans.
• Reconcile outages from multiple general ledger accounts within 48 hours and post transactions to the correct loan.
• Process and respond to miscellaneous payment, payoff, investor reporting, and file maintenance inquiries from clients, bank personnel and third-party business partners.
• Assess, waive, and post payments for fees as requested.
• Verify account available balance and Line of Credit (LOC) draw requests.
• Process funding transactions for investors on sold serviced-released loans and on sold service retained loans, and process file maintenance.
• Responsible for the remittance and reporting of investor related items within stated guidelines and timeframes.
• Provide timely response and follow-up on action items identified by our internal and external investor reporting partners.
• Perform general ledger/check balancing through the Bank’s imaging system.
• Resolve miscellaneous inquiries from clients and bank personnel.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability, and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
• Must have the ability to multi-task, and a strong sense of urgency.
• Demonstrates intermediate math and/or accounting principles as it relates to Loan Servicing.
• Strong attention to detail & organizational skills.
• Requires ability to work independently and with a team, under pressure and strict time constraints.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends, and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.