Website Republic Bank
About Republic Bank
Republic Bank’s values are built upon making an IMPACT for our clients, our associates and the communities we serve. (IMPACT stands for Innovate for the Future, Make it Easy, Provide Exceptional Service, Acknowledge & Celebrate Success, Commit to Caring and Thrive Together) The associates of Republic Bank are the key to our success as an organization and we value our associates. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the last five years! For more information about the company, please visit www.republicbank.com.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Mortgage Sales Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Loan Production Office (LPO) achieves all goals, which include profit, loan production, loan growth, maintaining staffing levels and influencing /directing the sales production levels/goals of the Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO). This position is also responsible for building a team of at least 6 MLOs with the assistance of Bank resources. In addition to managing a team of MLOs, this person will be expected to originate mortgage loans to meet LPO goals while the team is being established.
• Minimum of five (5) years mortgage banking experience preferred.
• Three years previous supervisor experience required or prior successful completion of Republic Bank Supervisor/Leadership training.
• NMLS registration required*
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for recruiting and training a team of at least 6 MLOs with the assistance of Bank resources.
• Develop, communicate, and implement the Bank’s growth plan and strategies amongst all associates in the LPO Office.
• Develop and execute strategies to achieve sales production and growth goals.
• Manage and oversee the pipeline for your team of MLOs.
• Attend and participate in all mortgage meetings and training as required by management.
• Maintain existing and develop new referral contacts for 1st mortgage loans. (Realtors, builders, professionals, and personal contacts).
• Learn the credit culture of Republic Bank in order to present appropriate credits for approval.
• Know compliance responsibilities and particular requirements affecting your area of responsibility, incorporate these requirements into your business processes and procedures, perform ongoing monitoring and periodic self-assessments including reporting and corrective action as needed, and assure appropriate training to associates regarding these responsibilities and procedures.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability, and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated strong selling techniques.
• Must be self-motivated and have proven track record motivating a sales team.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank’s guidelines, policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and the overall development of associates; coaching and mentoring while providing challenging opportunities to enhance career growth; planning, assigning, and directing work; setting expectations and appraising performance; recognizing and rewarding associates or recommending disciplinary action as appropriate; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and helping to build a positive team culture.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities and client locations required
• Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings and weekends.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
*This position is subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations as defined by the SAFE Act must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in corrective counseling up to termination of employment.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.