Website Republic Bank
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Payment Monitoring Specialist will participate in RPS third party oversight through monitoring accounts and transactions for potential suspicious activity, including money laundering, terrorist financing and other illegal activities. In addition, this position performs monitoring for third party compliance such as Customer Identification Program. This position supports other team members in identifying and escalating suspicious activity for further review and disposition and assists the Bank’s BSA department as needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 3 years’ experience in fraud/suspicious activity research; experience in prepaid card processing preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, and Access) required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review daily alerts and exceptions generated by the Bank’s electronic transaction monitoring system and additional internal reports to identify and summarize potential fraud/suspicious activity for escalation to other team members.
• Proactively identify trends and escalate internally within RPG or the Bank’s BSA department as appropriate.
• Receive and review partner suspicious activity referrals and escalate as appropriate.
• Participate in compliance training and additional continuing education to maintain specialized knowledge and practical understanding of all BSA/AML, USA PATRIOT Act, and OFAC compliance regulations.
• Assist with special projects and tasks as directed.
• Maintain supporting documentation of cases which may require Suspicious Activity Reporting (SARs).
• Maintain and update RPS procedures as necessary.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Develop and apply critical thinking skills to produce clear and thorough work product. Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
• Must be flexible and able to exercise independent judgment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Must be able to make decisions quickly that are consistent with policies and procedures to ensure positive resolution. Discretion is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• This position is not work-from-home eligible.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.