Website Republic Bank
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Private Banking Assistant Banking Officer is responsible for working with Private Banking and their client base to facilitate their loan requests typically up to $5MM, and any loan and deposit servicing requests. This position is also responsible for the handling of the entire process of any commercial, retail or consumer loan application through to the closing while following all policy and procedures in a manner that is consistent with the company’s financial objective. The Private Banking Assistant Banking Officer may handle 10 – 20 loans at any given time.
• High school diploma or equivalent required; College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Customer service skills preferred.
• Minimum 1 years banking experience in processing retail and/or commercial loans preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and internet applications required.
• Experience and overall understanding of loan systems and various related host systems preferred.
• Notary Public required.
• NMLS registration required*
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Contact and meet with clients to collect the necessary information to process their loan request. Will involve taking complete and accurate loan applications, retrieving information on file from Docuview, and assessing any additional information needed and collecting it.
• Review with clients any necessary documents and disclosures at time of loan application, adhering to any Republic compliance standards.
• Assist the Senior Private Banking Officers (SPBO) and Private Banking Officers (PBO) to facilitate all sales efforts and get the sale of all bank products.
• Learn how to accurately submit and process all commercial, retail, and consumer loan requests in conjunction with our centralized processing/underwriting areas, maintaining contact and clear communication with processing/underwriting, the closing attorney as needed, our client and the Private Banking Officer who initiated the loan.
• Learn how to read personal and business tax returns to calculate personal income and debt to income ratios, including add backs for rental income, schedule C income and schedule E income.
• Learn the differences between a corporation, sole proprietorship, and limited liability company and know what corporate documents that apply to each type.
• Learn what a Revocable and Non-Revocable Trust is and which types of loans can be made to the various Trusts.
• Learn Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae guidelines and the documentation that each require for the type of loan being submitted.
• Learn the various types of retail loans from secondary market mortgages, portfolio mortgages, heals and helocs and consumer loans.
• Learn the various types of business loans from owner occupied commercial real estate, investment commercial real estate, and C&I lending.
• Schedule and coordinate all loan closings (commercial, retail, and consumer) with clients, and when applicable with buyers, realtors and closing attorneys and attend or close loans as necessary.
• Review all upfront disclosures, processes and closing disclosures with client, following compliance with TRID guidelines.
• Ability to accurately quote rates, closing costs and calculate escrows by having a thorough understanding of Republic’s commercial, retail and consumer loan and deposit products and matrix guidelines.
• Handle client inquiries; help with problem solving, research, transfers, processing payments and customer service. Ensure first and second payments are being set up properly via ACH or billing to avoid 1st and 2nd payment defaults.
• Complete necessary servicing tasks (file maintenance, BOB maintenance, payoff requests etc.).
• Work with the SPBO/ PBO to renew all upcoming maturing loans, getting them renewed prior to maturity while looking for additional opportunities to cross sell.
• Look for innovative ways to streamline the flow of work and better assist clients.
• Prepare and submit Override Requests when needed to include all related compensating factors.
• Prepare and submit Fee Waivers according to SPBO/PBO/Management requests.
• Prepare Summary of Terms and Commitment Letters for Senior and Private Banking Officers.
• Learn all bank systems, including but not limited to the commercial, retail and consumer Loan Operating Systems and Sales Force.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective interactions with clients.
• Detailed oriented with ability to multi-task.
• Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities is required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
*This position is subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations as defined by the SAFE Act must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in corrective counseling up to termination of employment.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.