Website Republic Bank
About Republic Bank
Republic Bancorp, Inc is the parent company of Republic Bank & Trust Company (NASDAQ – RBCAA), headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky with $6.5 billion in assets. The Bank currently has 42 full-service banking centers throughout fives states: Kentucky, Indiana, Florida, Tennessee, and Ohio. Founded in 1982, Republic Bank employs over 1,000 associates and is Kentucky’s largest, locally owned, and operated community bank. For more information about the company, please visit www.republicbank.com.
Republic Bank’s values are built upon making an IMPACT for our clients, our associates and the communities we serve. (IMPACT stands for Innovate for the Future, Make it Easy, Provide Exceptional Service, Acknowledge & Celebrate Success, Commit to Caring and Thrive Together) The associates of Republic Bank are the key to our success as an organization and we value our associates. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the last five years!
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Purchasing & Expense Analyst is responsible for ensuring an efficient and cost-effective purchasing and procurement process for the Bank; partnering with internal business owners on all approved contracts for an efficient Procure-to-Pay (“P2P”) process; be the internal contact point for suppliers who are setup in our P2P system with punchout and catalog capabilities; and administering the Company’s Travel & Expense reimbursement program. This position will be responsible for using knowledge of the Company’s systems, vendors, and P2P processes to recommend and implement policies and procedures that improve the Bank’s efficiency ratio.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required; business, accounting or finance degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years in accounting, accounts payable, procurement or vendor management required.
• Purchasing, accounts payable and fixed asset accounting and systems knowledge is preferred.
• Understanding of financial institution departments and activities to ensure streamlined purchasing of supplies and services preferred.
• Basic understanding and knowledge of supply sources preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with business owners to prepare and issue purchase orders for material contracts and statements of work, ensuring contracts are accounted for in accordance with company policy.
• Partner with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment and coding of invoices and matching with purchase orders.
• Monitor performance and resolve issues and concerns for suppliers who are setup in our P2P system with punchout and catalog capabilities.
• Create and monitor spend for select vendors and select asset and expense categories, identifying unusual variances and providing analysis to reduce and manage expenditures.
• Administer software systems and applications that support Purchasing and Accounting.
• Monitor and report Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”); make recommendations and take action to measurably improve KPIs.
• Identify and develop training opportunities as related to the purchasing and T&E process.
• Implement purchasing and T&E strategy, policies and systems.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills for effective interactions with internal and external clients to meet company objectives and/or resolve problems or complaints.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to adapt to change, including new systems, technology, and accounting, tax, and regulatory guidance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.