Website Republic Bank
About Republic Bank
Republic Bank’s values are built upon making an IMPACT for our clients, our associates and the communities we serve. (IMPACT stands for Innovate for the Future, Make it Easy, Provide Exceptional Service, Acknowledge & Celebrate Success, Commit to Caring and Thrive Together) The associates of Republic Bank are the key to our success as an organization and we value our associates. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the last seven years! For more information about the company, please visit www.republicbank.com.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Sales and Service Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day deposit operations of the banking center. This includes encouraging and cultivating a strong sales environment through modeling daily sales focused behaviors for the team. This position is expected to hold his/her team accountable to those activities that ensure an efficient, smooth, professional customer service and sales area. This position takes initiative creating a winning strategy along with the Branch Manager to reach banking center goals for growth in deposits, loans, fee income and net checking accounts.
• Minimum of 2 years of banking experience required.
• Minimum of 2 years of retail sales experience required.
• Previous supervisor experience required or prior successful completion of Republic Bank Supervisor/Leadership training.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and internet applications.
• English/Spanish speaking and reading ability preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure that the daily deposit operations run smoothly, and that Republic’s customer service standards are maintained.
• Sell, open and maintain retail deposit and loan products to consumer and business clients by conducting outside calls to businesses, soliciting the existing client base and walk in clients, and by establishing referral networks. May pull a cash drawer as needed.
• Efficiently operate in the consumer loan application system and be a joint person for consumer loan applications that include credit card applications, unsecured loans, auto loans and other consumer loans.
• Assists in the development and delivery of the banking center goals and business strategies.
• Directs staff career development through internal and external training programs.
• Manage daily and monthly reports, including depository overdrafts and appropriately resolve pertinent problems.
• Perform self-audits.
• Handle and resolve customer escalated issues.
• Makes decisions on check cashing, holds according to authority limits; manage SSR outages and fraud.
• Ensures all exception and pending items are cleared within the specified time frame.
• Approve and sign off on waive fees, cashier’s checks, wires and GL tickets.
• Working with Branch Manager, prepare schedule for team, always ensuring key and combination associates are available.
• Community involvement around the Banking Center, including neighborhood associations and business networking groups.
• Know compliance responsibilities and particular requirements affecting your area of responsibility, incorporate these requirements into your business processes and procedures, perform ongoing monitoring and periodic self-assessments including reporting and corrective action as needed, and assure appropriate training to associates regarding these responsibilities and procedures.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability, and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Must be self motivated and able to work in a team environment.
• Must be well organized and able to multi-task.
• Detailed oriented with ability to multi-task.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank’s guidelines, policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and the overall development of associates; coaching and mentoring while providing challenging opportunities to enhance career growth; planning, assigning, and directing work; setting expectations and appraising performance; recognizing and rewarding associates or recommending disciplinary action as appropriate; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and helping to build a positive team culture.
• Limited out-of-town travel is required for training purposes for those outside of the Louisville Market.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
• Regular and predictable physical presence at the worksite is an essential function of this position.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.