Website Republic Bank
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Underwriter II is responsible for reviewing and evaluating mortgage loan files, to determine if the borrowers, property and loan conditions meet the established guidelines of the bank and its investors. This position has lending limits set by the Lending Authority that has been approved by the Board of Directors, or within the guidelines that have been set and published by the secondary market investors.
• High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years mortgage underwriting experience required.
• Working knowledge of Loan Prospector & DU.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and internet applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Underwrite Freddy Mac, Fannie Mae and/or other investor loans in accordance with all applicable agency and bank guidelines.
• Ensure application packages are complete before forwarding to processing area.
• Work as a liaison between our lenders and processing to correct deficiencies in pending files.
• Must be knowledgeable of all loan programs offered & requirements of those programs. Work with the lenders in the banking centers to further their knowledge of secondary market & portfolio guidelines.
• Effectively communicate with branch personnel, loan officers, originators and centralized loan personnel.
• Be a resource for lender inquiries.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly performs other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Highly detail oriented and able to maintain high levels of accuracy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The associate occasionally may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.