Website Republic Bank
About Republic Bank
Republic Bank’s values are built upon making an IMPACT for our clients, our associates and the communities we serve. (IMPACT stands for Innovate for the Future, Make it Easy, Provide Exceptional Service, Acknowledge & Celebrate Success, Commit to Caring and Thrive Together) The associates of Republic Bank are the key to our success as an organization and we value our associates. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the last five years! For more information about the company, please visit www.republicbank.com.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Human Resources Intern is responsible for performing a variety of Human Resources duties under the direct supervision of management. This position will gain exposure in areas of Employee Relations, Benefits, Recruiting, Compensation, and the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) management. This is an internship for August 2023 through May 2024.
• Actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field required.
• Anticipated graduation date of May 2024 or later required.
• Cumulative GPA 3.0 or greater required.
• Ability to work 24 hours a week, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, in downtown Louisville, KY required.
• Strong MS Office skills including, but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interface with managers and employees to assist with HR related questions.
• Research, identify, and present best practices within HR function to continually enhance HR’s impact and performance.
• Provide insight and feedback on business needs and work closely with HR leadership to identify process improvements.
• Assist in the development and implementation of human resources processes and procedures.
• Provide support in special projects, tasks, needs, and initiatives.
• Enter, pull, and interpret data and employee information in the human resources information system (HRIS).
• Perform general clerical tasks such as copying, scanning, filing, scheduling, and mail distribution.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability, and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Effective communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented.
• Approach tasks with a sense of urgency and adhere to assigned deadlines.
• Always requires discretion and confidentiality in dealing with personnel matters.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Flexible work schedule that may include some evenings, weekends, and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.