Website River City Distributing
Offering great pay, benefits, and a fun work environment!
We currently have an opening for a Delivery Driver. We are looking for a self-motivated and efficiency-minded individual who will help to maintain River City Distributing’s excellent reputation in the community by delivering products on time and demonstrating great customer service. A CDL license is required. Ask about our sign-on bonus for new CDL school graduates! Our drivers work Monday – Friday only, starting between 4:30 and 6:30 AM and finish when the route is complete, going home every night. Local deliveries only, no over the road!
A successful Delivery Driver will:
- Safely drive their truck or vehicle (automatic) over an established route to deliver and sell products
- Collect signatures and payment from customers
- Complete a daily pre-trip inspection, and a weekly vehicle status report
- Deliver all stops loaded on your truck in a timely manner and verify all invoices and products at time of delivery
- Contact the office when called or when out of stock situations are found in the market
- Rotate and stock all selling areas and all inventories on each delivery removing overage or damaged product from selling floor
- Complete required computer generated reports daily and properly balance route, inventory and money prior to checking in
- Maintain a clean company vehicle properly stocked with an adequate supply of current POS for immediate retail merchandising
- Attend all scheduled meetings and conduct oneself in a professional manner that is supportive of management
Physical requirements of the Deliver Driver position:
- Must be able to safely lift and handle up to 55 pound case of beer frequently (up to 1,000+ per day)
- Must be able to safely guide a loaded hand truck of beer up or down stairs with loads up to 275 pounds frequently
- Must be able to safely lift and handle a 160 pound keg of beer frequently from shoulder to floor
- Must be able to lift, stack and transport 2 or 3 barrels in a safe manner using a hand truck
- Must be able to tap a 1/2 keg in a customer cooler or cold box
- Must be able to safely lift and handle an empty pallet up to 55-pounds occasionally
This is strenuous work requiring sitting, driving, stooping, bending, kneeling, pivot twisting, lifting carrying, pushing and pulling and balancing frequently. Must be able to work outdoors in wet and cold (below freezing) weather and in walk-in coolers.
Required skills, abilities, and qualifications:
- Must possess a valid CDL A license
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Must be able to pass an isokinetic/physical test
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to problem-solve and think quickly
- River City Distributing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and a drug free workplace.
Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, gender, age, national origin, color, religion, disability, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, or other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.rivercitydistributing.com.