Website River City Distributing
Offering great pay, benefits, and a fun work environment!
We’re River City Distributing, a family-owned and operated beverage distributor based in Louisville, KY. Since our founding in 1987, we have focused on providing our customers with the best brands and the best service. This focus has allowed our company to become the largest independent distributor in the market.
Our success is the end product of our employees’ passion and commitment. We are committed to ensuring we provide a great working environment in an industry that is already exciting and fun.
We provide competitive pay and great benefits, including a company 401(k) match. River City Distributing’s employees share great pride in their work and excellent camaraderie. We firmly believe that our employees’ drive for success leads to our own.
We currently have an opening for a Merchandiser. We are looking for a self-motivated organized individual who will assist the sales department by servicing and merchandising retail accounts while providing stellar customer service. Company vehicle provided. Saturday hours are mandatory.
A successful Merchandiser will:
- Rotate stock on a first in, first out basis to guarantee product freshness while stocking shelves and coolers.
- Display merchandise on sales floors to attract attention of prospective customers.
- Constructs or assembles display properties using hand tools.
- Arrange properties and merchandise according to prearranged plans.
- Places price and descriptive signs on backdrop, fixtures, merchandise or floor.
- Hang electrical signs and banners.
- Support special event and special market activities through merchandising, monitoring, and product delivery when needed.
- Provide back up for other positions as needed, to include route drivers or salespeople.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and secure work area.
Physical requirements of the job (pre-employment fit test required):
- Must be able to safely lift and handle up to 55- pound case of beer frequently.
- Must be able to safely lift and handle a 160 pound ½ barrel of beer occasionally.
- Must be able to climb a ladder and work while on a ladder.
This is strenuous work requiring sitting, driving, stooping, bending, kneeling, pivot twisting, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling and balancing. Must be able to work outdoors and in wet and cold weather. Must be able to perform pre-trip and fuel vehicle daily.
Required skills, abilities, and qualifications:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record
- Must be at least 21 years old
- High school or equivalent education (Required)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Basic math skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Previous retail sales or merchandising experience a plus
River City Distributing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and a drug free workplace.
Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, gender, age, national origin, color, religion, disability, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, or other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.rivercitydistributing.com.