Website River City Distributing
Offering great pay, benefits, and a fun work environment!
River City Distributing currently has an opening for a Non-CDL Route Driver. We are looking for a self-motivated and safety-minded individual who will help to maintain River City Distributing’s excellent reputation in the community by delivering products on time and demonstrating great customer service. If you are thinking about driving as a career, this position with River City Distributing is a great place to start!
A Successful Non-CDL Route Driver Will:
- Complete a daily pre-trip inspection on the vehicle and a weekly vehicle status report.
- Deliver all stops required in a timely manner. Verify all invoices and product at time of delivery and obtain customer signature and payment on delivery.
- Contact the office when called or when out of stock situations are found in the market.
- Ensure that all products and packages are stocked properly.
- Rotate and stock all selling areas and all inventories on each delivery. Remove overage or damaged product from selling floor.
- Complete required computer generated reports daily and properly balance route, inventory and money prior to checking in.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and conduct oneself in a professional manner that is supportive of management.
- Maintain a clean, organized and secure work area.
Physical Requirements of the Job: This is strenuous work requiring sitting, driving, stooping, bending, kneeling, pivot twisting, lifting carrying, pushing and pulling and balancing frequently. Must be able to work outdoors in wet and cold (below freezing) weather and frequently in walk-in coolers.
- Must be able to safely lift and handle up to 55- pound case of beer frequently (up to 1,000+ per day)
- Must be able to safely guide a loaded hand truck of beer up or down stairs with loads up to 275 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to safely lift and handle a 160 pound ½ barrel of beer frequently from shoulder to floor.
- Must be able to lift, stack and transport 2 or 3 barrels in a safe manner using a hand truck.
- Must be able to tap a 1/2 barrel in a customer cooler or cold box.
- Must be able to safely lift and handle an empty pallet up to 55-pounds occasionally.
Required Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Must be able to pass an isokinetic/physical test.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and think quickly.
River City Distributing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and a drug free workplace.
Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, gender, age, national origin, color, religion, disability, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, or other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.rivercitydistributing.com.