Working Calendar: 261 Days/ 8.0 Hours
Salary Schedule IB Grade 5 (attached)
Scope of Responsibilities
Assumes responsibility for close monitoring of all entrances of building, for providing direction and information as to location of appropriate classes and/or services and for providing protection to occupants from unauthorized trespassers.
- Provides in-school security for faculty, staff, students and/or other program participants.
- Prevents visitors from entering the building or remaining in the building without authorization.
- Prevents visitors from entering unauthorized areas of the building.
- Reports all incidents occurring in the building on a daily basis to the chief building administrator and makes appropriate reports as required.
- Makes recommendations to local and systemwide office administrations for improvement of the security plan for the assigned building.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Completes all trainings and other compliance requirements as assigned and by the designated deadline.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must pass high level security screening
- Ability to establish and maintain desirable rapport with community residents and participants
- Effective communication skills
- Previous experience as an in-school security guard
- Experience in a diverse workplace