Working Calendar: 40 hrs weekly/ days varies/ 6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.** some schedules may vary
Salary Schedule (attached)
This is a temporary vacancy
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Paints from high scaffolding and/or utilizing airless spray schools, offices, and other buildings of the Jefferson County schools. Limited employment opportunity.
1. Paints assigned buildings, both interior and exterior–high scaffolding and/or airless spray.
2. Assumes responsibility for personal safety and the safety of others regarding the assigned job.
3. Assumes responsibility for care of materials and equipment as assigned.
4. Performs other duties as assigned by the designated foreman or director.
The work is performed while standing or walking. It requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing. The work requires the use of hands for simple grasping, pushing and pulling of arm controls and fine manipulations. The work requires the use of feet for repetitive movements. The work at times requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching, with the ability to lift, carry, push or pull heavy weights. The work requires being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, driving automotive equipment, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
1. High School Diploma or G.E.D.
2. Ability to climb and work from high places on all types of ladders and scaffolds
- Experience on high scaffle
- Use of extension ladders 24' and above
- Scissor lifts
- Knowledge and ability to use all types of paint and paint equipment with at least two (2) seasons experience in summer paint program