Website Seven Counties Services
Under routine supervision, assists in implementing assigned client’s treatment/recovery plan through provision of adjunctive case management services, education, and peer support services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Serves as an active member of the client’s treatment team, including participation in team meetings and treatment planning meetings.
2. Assists clients in development of recovery plan, including psychiatric advance directives and crisis plan.
3. Provides psycho-education with focus on illness management and peer support.
4. Implements and coordinates recovery plans for individual clients in assigned population group, including evaluation, consultation, and education, and follow-up services.
5. Serves as role model for clients by sharing own recovery process and teaching effective coping techniques and self-help strategies.
6. Provides case management, resourcing, service collaboration for individual clients as extension of case management services.
7. Maintains accurate, thorough records on all assigned cases and uses documentation to assist clients in evaluating progress.
8. Provides advocacy services on behalf of clients.
9. Informs supervisor, and other members of treatment team as indicated, of issues/concerns related to individual clients.
10. Participates in required trainings to maintain certification.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Completion of state-certified peer support specialist training.
o Peer Support Specialist Certification
· Over six and up to twelve months of experience.
· Good interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills.
· Knowledge of SCS programs and services, policy, and procedure.
· Knowledge of applicable population group and principles/philosophy of recovery.
· Position requires lifting of 20 pounds maximum, with frequent lifting and/or carrying of items weighing up to ten pounds.
· Normal work tasks may involve exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissue.
· May involve 24-hour on-call responsibilities.
· Eighteen years of age or older.
To apply for this job please visit sevencounties.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.