Website Seven Counties Services
Under moderate supervision, performs variety of administrative or business office functions, including front desk/reception, data entry, filing, medical records, typing, and report-running, handling problems and deviations according to instructions, procedures, previous training, or accepted SCS practices, and consulting with supervisor occasionally for help with unusual situations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Performs such front-desk/reception functions as meeting and greeting clients and visitors, answering multi-line switchboard, forwarding calls to voice mail or appropriate staff member, taking and delivering messages, checking in clients (including verifying such demographic information as telephone number, mailing address, payer source; collecting payment for services; documenting payment for services; notifying clinician when client arrives); reconciling cash drawer; scheduling client appointments; copying, sorting, and delivering mail; sending and receiving/delivering faxes; and meeting with client to review client intake form.
2. Enters various client data in electronic information system (e. g., client demographics, clinical assessment summaries (CASs), client eligibility information, client transfers, event changes, annual review updates) and enters other program-specific data (e. g., grants, payee) in various databases.
3. Performs such medical records-related functions as building new legal health records; archiving closed legal health records; pulling legal health records for clinicians in advance of client appointments; filing clinical documentation (e. g., progress notes, treatment plans) in legal health record; managing legal health records by creating new volumes when record grows too large for single file; processing disability requests and releases of information; transferring legal health records from one program site to another; ordering closed legal health records from archives; and running deficiency reports on legal health records.
4. Files and maintains variety of correspondence, records, reports, and other documents, related to site’s operations, in addition to those related to legal health records.
5. Performs variety of administrative functions, including typing from various sources; data entry, validation, and tracking of service activity logs (SALs); collecting, verifying, and scanning/faxing time sheets; processing requests for mileage reimbursements; and, as requested by supervisor, generating purchase requisitions for such items as business cards, training registration fees, and office furniture.
6. Runs miscellaneous reports, on request (for example, time sheet verification, caseloads, and deficiency reports).
7. Participates in daily deposit process, including daily deposit reconciliation.
8. Performs such medical treatment-related administrative functions as processing prior authorizations, calling in prescriptions to pharmacy, coordinating lab appointments, and processing lab results.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
· Completion of up to 18 months’ business school, beyond high school.
· One-to-two years’ experience working in office setting and performing various clerical or administrative tasks.
· Or, without any formal business school training beyond high school, three-to-four years of such experience.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Typing speed 40 – 50 word units per minute.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Position has no unusual physical demands; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
· Position requires lifting up to 10 pounds, with occasional lifting of ledgers, medical records, or computer runs.
· Position may occasionally require walking or standing, stooping, or bending.
· Occasional exposure to office chemicals or continual use of a video display terminal.
To apply for this job please visit sevencounties.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.