Website Seven Counties Services
Starting pay at $15 hourly
Under moderate supervision, performs variety of administrative functions and provides support to a multidisciplinary team in an emergency room setting. Will routinely interact with patients, family members, clinical and medical team. Safety is a priority in a sometimes volatile emergency room environment. Daily tasks include front desk/reception, data entry, medical records, patient interaction, phone interaction with family members and outpatient providers, low level crisis intervention with callers in crisis, providing resource information to callers, handling problems and deviations according to instructions, procedures, previous training, or accepted Seven Counties practices, and consulting with supervisor occasionally for help with unusual situations. Employees in this position are contract employees within a hospital setting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Performs such front-desk/reception functions as meeting and greeting patients and visitors, answering multi-line switchboard, fielding calls of differing subject matter and routing calls to the appropriate source. Sending and delivering faxes.
2. Provide resource information to callers (consumers and family members) seeking mental health and substance abuse treatment resources. Fielding calls from outside providers seeking inpatient bed or making a referral to the psychiatric emergency room. Have knowledge of SCS’s programs and site locations. Ensure that patients leaving the unit have written materials including discharge paperwork, prescriptions, appointment information and contact information if crisis arises.
3. Provide low level crisis intervention to callers in need. Offering support, arranging for on-site crisis intervention if needed and/or linking to trained crisis counselors.
4. Enters various patient data in electronic information system. Routinely work with both Seven Counties Services and the University of Louisville Hospital electronic systems entering and retrieving clinical and demographic information.
5. Performs such medical records-related functions as putting together legal health records; ensuring all required clinical documentation (e. g., clinical evaluations, progress notes, legal hold forms) are present in the legal health record. Processing billing forms and ensuring that all documentation is complete.
6. Notarizing Mental Inquest Warrants: ensuring completion of documents and that legal requirements are met.
7. Arranging ambulance transport to inpatient facilities. Communication with police departments and mental inquest warrant clerks to assist clinical team in obtaining needed information. Communication with inpatient psychiatric units to facilitate a seamless transfer of patient care.
8. Provide low level monitoring of patients-alerting doctor and clinical team of potential or elevating agitation, contacting security staff if needed, participate in crisis intervention techniques and responding if required.
9. Must be proficient at multi-tasking with minimal supervision in an often fast paced environment and being a key player on a multidisciplinary team.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
· Completion of up to 18 months’ business school, beyond high school.
· One-to-two years’ experience working in office setting and performing various clerical or administrative tasks.
· Or, without any formal business school training beyond high school, three-to-four years of such experience.
· Experience in a mental health or social services setting preferred.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Typing speed 40 – 50 word units per minute.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Position has no unusual physical demands; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
· Position requires lifting up to 10 pounds, with occasional lifting of ledgers, medical records, or computer runs.
· Position may occasionally require walking or standing, stooping, or bending.
· Occasional exposure to office chemicals or continual use of a video display terminal.
To apply for this job please visit sevencounties.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.