Website Seven Counties Services, Inc.
Behavioral Health and Addictions
Under broad supervision from the Corporate Controller, provides significant support in preparation of annual budget, financial modeling and projections, and analysis and understanding of financial data; and communicates that understanding to organization’s key stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Supports, analyzes, and assists in preparation and review of SCS/BB’s annual operating budget.
2. Research and resolve assigned business units’ inquiries.
3. Prepares and analyzes consolidated reporting at all levels of the organization on actual, budgeted, and forecasted amounts, as well as for prior fiscal years’.
4. Analyzes monthly operating statistics.
5. Assists with implementation of budgeting and forecasting projects
6. Conducts thorough research and analysis of variances to ensure data accuracy.
7. Develops financial modeling, financial statement analysis, decision modeling, reporting, and ad-hoc analysis to support strategic initiatives.
8. Develops presentations to help summarize budget results in a comprehensive and easy-to-understand format.
9. Assists in the continued development of tools for budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plans, and modeling.
10. Analyzes actual operating results and identifies key financial and operating issues to be addressed; quantifies actual results versus forecast.
11. Researches and prepares variance analyses and explanations.
12. Performs balance sheet account reconciliations, account analyses, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules as assigned.
13. Assists with regulatory compliance functions relevant to preparing annual Cost Report, annual financial statement audits, and IRS forms 990 and 5500.
14. Prepares annual Medicaid Cost Report and other cost reports as needed
15. Prepares annual Federal Indirect Cost Proposal
16. Cross trains as a backup for other staff in case of emergencies.
17. Reviews and research accounting transactions as requested.
18. Understands GAAP as they relate to general ledger and accounts receivable processes.
19. Knows and understands HIPAA regulations governing release of client data.
20. Follows SCS/BB policy and procedures.
21. Completes mandatory training within prescribed timeframes.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Advanced knowledge of organization’s management information system. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills. Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office and advanced Excel skills. Additional requirements include ability to succeed in team environment; customer service orientation; strong research and analysis skills; ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently; excellent organization and project management skills; ability to manage competing priorities; ability to generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance.
Minimum two years’ finance and accounting experience required, preferably including experience in health care, non-profits, and using Workday software.
The position has no unusual physical demands. Position requires lifting of ten pounds maximum with occasional lifting of ledgers or computer runs. Position may occasionally require walking or standing, stooping or bending. Occasional minor discomforts from continual exposure to video display terminal.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com