Job Description (Attached)
Salary Schedule IV, Grade 8 (Attached)
Working Calendar: 220 Days/8.0 Hours
Scope of Responsibilities:
Provides technical assistance to district and school staff, monitors and implements the ECE Transition and Extended School Year (ESY) programs. Supports school and district staff in meeting the Transition and ESY needs of students with disabilities in accordance to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Kentucky Administrative Regulations (KARs), and district policies and procedures. Coordinates with outside agencies to promote positive post-school outcomes for students receiving ECE services through the provision of IDEA Transition Services. Leads and supports special education teachers and classified staff through supervision, sharing pedagogical insights, and instructional strategies to improve outcomes of students with disabilities. Supports and trains special education teachers and Admission and Release Committees to provide for the provision of ESY. Coordinates district resources to provide an effective ESY and transition, when appropriate.
- Master's Degree or higher with a Kentucky certification in Director of Special Education or Instructional Leadership or Supervision or School Counselor or Exceptional Children Program Consultant
- Three (3) years of successful experience in teaching special education or equivalent professional experiences in area of assignment
- Knowledge of ECE district policies and procedures for ESY and Transition
- Complete the online application
- Upload a letter of interest specific to this position, “Supervisor Transition-ESY“. If letter is not specific, the application will be considered incomplete.
- Upload a current resume
- Upload a copy of your KY Administrator Certificate (if applicable)
- Identify 5 references with one being your current supervisor
**Falsification of an employment application is grounds for exclusion from consideration and/or termination.