Website Louisville Geek
About the job:
The Support Technician’s responsibilities include ensuring the organization’s managed services clients receive fast, professional and technically accurate remote and on-site resolution of Windows desktop, local area network and basic information technology issues.
- Update, resolve and close service tickets by quickly responding to and resolving client- and remote management and monitoring system-reported technology issues.
- Schedule appointments for delivering remote technology support and performing follow up tasks and provide professional client updates.
- Provide installation, troubleshooting and support for basic networking issues, VPNs and Windows desktop operating systems, client software programs and applications.
- Create new user accounts, administer user rights and privileges and reset user passwords using Windows servers, Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer-level support.
- Comply with all organization business policies, workflow processes and documentation practices.
- Maintain and update service tickets, time entries and time sheets.
- Practical, working knowledge of computer networking technologies, above-average working knowledge of all modern Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and familiarity administering basic Windows server functions.
- Above-average proficiency administering Microsoft Office productivity suites.
- Working knowledge creating VPN users and troubleshooting VPN connections on common (Cisco, SonicWall, Fortinet, etc.) routers.
- Associate’s Degree or better in a related field.
- Two years of increasingly responsible experience fulfilling help desk responsibilities and supporting Windows desktops, business applications and end users.
- Ceaseless desire to deliver unsurpassed customer service and maintain knowledge and understanding of new technologies.
- Stable employment history is required.
About Louisville Geek:
Louisville Geek maintains an atmosphere both collaborative and team oriented. In that spirit, we host a variety of cultural initiatives including seasonal events, on- and off-site get togethers, raffles and more. In addition to those events, Louisville Geek caters meals for all in-office employees on Fridays. Some other fun perks are free coffee, pinball and popcorn machines, a full dining room, a cell phone call booth for privacy, a dedicated room for nursing mothers, hand sanitization stations throughout the facility, refrigerators, microwaves, designated gender neutral bathrooms, wheelchair accessibility in all key locations, an outdoor dining and smoking patio, treadmill, exercise bike and more in our lovingly restored historic former distillery!
Further, many roles within the organization include access to benefits such as health insurance, a 401k with employer matching, paid time off, an Employee Assistance Program, life insurance, short-term disability insurance and other options. Please speak with your interviewer to understand how or if these benefits are applicable to the role for which you are applying.
To apply for this job please visit louisvillegeek.com.