Website Terri McGill
About Republic Bank
Republic Bank’s values are built upon making an IMPACT for our clients, our associates and the communities we serve. (IMPACT stands for Innovate for the Future, Make it Easy, Provide Exceptional Service, Acknowledge & Celebrate Success, Commit to Caring and Thrive Together) The associates of Republic Bank are the key to our success as an organization and we value our associates. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the last five years! For more information about the company, please visit www.republicbank.com.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The BSA Assistant assists in the implementation and administration of all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) compliance program. The position performs various quality controls reviews and monitoring pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering Program, OFAC, and Customer Identification Program compliance and provides support to BSA Management.
• Minimum of 1-year BSA/Compliance or CSR/Teller experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office products required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with daily reviews, monitoring, and analysis of various reports, logs, and transaction data to identify and monitor large currency activity.
• Assist in the preparation, review, and electronic submission of all Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) within required timeframes.
• Conduct an annual review of all clients that are exempt from CTR reporting or eligible for CTR exemption.
• Ensure that the Bank’s CTR Exemption List and review documentation is maintained, and exemptions are communicated to the FinCEN.
• Assist others as required with reviews for potential OFAC, or Section 314(a) matches generated by various surveillance delivery channels to decide if further investigation is necessary.
• Assist others as required with monitoring new accounts to ensure compliance with the USA PATRIOT Act and the Bank’s Customer Identification Program.
• Participate in compliance training and additional continuing education to maintain specialized knowledge and practical understanding of all BSA/AML, USA PATRIOT Act, and OFAC compliance regulations.
• Review Bank policies and procedures and ensure they are current, complete, and meet regulatory expectations.
• Support BSA Management while working with internal & external auditors and regulatory examiners by providing full cooperation and timely delivery of requested documentation and information.
• Help support the bank’s lines of business and branch locations by performing research, answering questions, and providing information and training related to specific BSA functions.
• Assist with maintaining records of all required BSA documentation within regulatory and Bank retention guidelines.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability, and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Must have a highly developed work ethic including self-motivation, time management, and organizational skills.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects at once.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must approach tasks with a sense of urgency and adhere to assigned deadlines.
• Must have effective communication (written and verbal) skills to adequately convey reports, findings, etc. related to job function.
• Previous experience in training or public speaking a preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities is required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends, and overtime.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.republicbank.com.