Website Velvet Ice Cream
Gotta Love Ice Cream
Come join our GROWING team!! Velvet Ice Cream is now hiring for a Route Skipper to work within our Distribution Department. As a full-time Velvet Ice Cream Company Route Skipper, this individual will have dueling responsibilities between route coverage and warehouse duties. The primary focus should be on route assistance, and warehouse receiving secondary.
When helping out with route assistance due to vacations, call-offs, large deliveries, etc. the Route Skipper is responsible for the sales and distribution of products in assigned territory and expected to follow the job functions of a Route Delivery Driver.
When in the warehouse, the Route Skipper is responsible for delivering equipment, making special deliveries, cleaning the freezer and maintaining the building and grounds at the branch location may also be required.
Salary: $40,000 per year
Why work for Velvet Ice Cream? Here are some great reasons!
• Competitive Compensation
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Company-paid Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Strong Stable Industry
• Free Ice Cream every Friday
• 108 year old, 4th generation, family ran company
• Markets new products and services at the time of established product delivery to result in further dissemination of the account with additional product lines.
• Maintain positive, customer-friendly relationships with store personnel and resolve minor concerns. Report significant concerns promptly to the Route Supervisor or Regional Sales Manager. Assist with the resolution of complaints.
• Routinely resolves customer issues within established guidelines and partners with customers in identifying satisfactory solutions.
• Accurately complete all records and required paper work on a daily basis.
• Display Velvet’s products in stores according to Company standards. This includes:
o Rotating stock to minimize the expiration of products; Removing damaged products; Taking steps to minimize damage to products; Displaying products consistent with the latest Company’s standards; Attempting to get additional freezer space or end-caps; and Cleaning the assigned freezer walls, doors and exterior surfaces.
• HS Diploma or equivalent required.
• 21 years of age or older to meet DOT requirements.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Be a safe and patient driver.
• Climb up and down from the cab and rear of a truck safely throughout the work day.
• Be able to start the work day very early in the morning.
• Work at least 5 days every week and adjust schedules as needed.
• Be able to tolerate sub-zero temperatures for extended time periods.
• Lift/carry up to 50 lb. loads regularly without difficulty or discomfort.
• Be able to drive both automatic and manual transmission equipped vehicles.
• Check truck fluids, fill as needed, and perform other required maintenance checks.
Velvet Ice Cream Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin, or other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.velveticecream.com.