Changing the way the world eats with one mighty seed.
Financial Controller, Louisville, KY
Victory Hemp Foods is a business-to-business primary food ingredient processing company on a mission to help realize the potential of hemp for farmers, brands, and consumers. With direct grower relationships and innovative processing technology, Victory Hemp specializes in premier proteins and healthy fats from the hemp seed that offer manufacturers and brands compelling taste, nutrition and performance advantages, especially for plant-based foods.
Our company serves the food and beverage, cosmetic and personal care, nutritional supplement, and animal nutrition markets. All of our products are Non-GMO Project verified, Kosher Parve, and are available as USDA Certified Organic.
Job Description: We’re looking for a financial controller with manufacturer experience and strong analytical skills to support our fast-paced entrepreneurial company as we scale production. As a lean, early stage operation, rolling up our sleeves and completing the job at hand, whether that job is part of our formal job description or not, are inherent to all of our roles. The controller needs to be a passionate, energetic and highly intelligent individual who will play a crucial role in running all financial models to ground, and planning for reasonable milestones as we accelerate growth. Duties include both supporting the CEO and board of directors, managing outside bookkeepers as well as working with an independent CFO, so that our team can run fast and our CEO can maintain clear financial literacy for strategic leadership of our business.
- Manage bookkeepers and transition to a local bookkeeping firm
- Manage budget
- Work with Dept. leaders to generate budgets
- Work with CEO to create an overall enterprise budget for forecasting
- Manage forecasts and assumptions
- Unit Economic analysis
- Weekly cash flow planning
- Tax planning and reporting (working to get CPA correct info)
- Revise chart of accounts
- Product margin analysis
- Debtor management
- Ensure bank accounts are reconciled
- Ensure AR are collected promptly
- Ensure AP are up to date
- Create systems for cost saving programs
- Develop accounting policies & procedure
- Create internal management reports
- Assist CFO in various projects
- Run Payroll
Most importantly, this person will value maintaining a food safety culture, possess grit, advocate for positive environmental outcomes, use science to make data-driven decisions, put the needs of the company and team first, and assume positive intent of others.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Accounting or Finance degree
- 10-20 years of Controller/Analyst experience
- Able to work in fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Management skills
- Strong accounting skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of organization
- Great communication skills (oral and written)
- Passion to succeed
- Sense of humor
- Fluent across MS Office, G-Suite, calendar and email management, CRM SaaS, QuickBooks and payroll services and inventory management software
- Medical, Dental, Vison, and Short Term Disability; Voluntary Life Insurance and Voluntary Long Term Disability Insurance; 401k.
- 15 days combined paid time off to start; eight paid company holidays (Memorial Day, Juneteenth, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day).
- Competitive salary
All are encouraged to apply. Victory Foods PBC is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply: Learn more about us at www.victoryhempfoods.com. Send your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com with the subject “Financial Controller.”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org