The VILS Resource Teacher is a full-time position focused on providing teachers with the pedagogical support to effectively leverage technology in the classroom. The role is not a classroom position and requires a student-centered learning philosophy, creative problem-solving abilities, interpersonal and communication skills, and eagerness to take a leadership role.
Working Calendar: 187 Days/7 Hours
Salary Schedule (attached) ($48,944.20 – $87,098.99)
- Participate in facilitated, online and in-person C7 Leadership Planning
- Collaborate with Digital Promise staff and school leadership to develop and execute strategic plans
- Facilitate teacher and student leadership teams
- Participate in in-person and virtual learning to build capacity to be an effective coach, including monthly initiative-specific online Coach meetings
- Promote a strong learning culture among all Project participants
- Lead and support all members of the middle grades faculty in the integration of effective uses of digital technology through a consistent pattern of strategic outreach and informal support through direct coaching, modeling and co-teaching
- Collaboratively develop engaging lessons with faculty and provide support through classroom observations, modeling and co-teaching
- Nurture and grow student opportunities for leadership in technology and STEM
- Document innovative learning strategies for ongoing assessment and publication purposes
PLEASE NOTE: The person in this role should be focused on supporting teaching and learning, not on supporting IT or technical issues. This position is significantly funded through the Verizon Innovative Learning grant.
PLEASE NOTE: EVERYONE must supply a letter of interest and resume when applying. Failure to do so may result in not being considered for the position. Incomplete packets will NOT be considered.
- Master’s degree with valid Kentucky Teaching Certificate
- Three (3) years successful teaching experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills
- Specific experience supporting or instructing utilizing technology