Website Louisville Regional Airport Authority – Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport and Bowman Field
Visual and Content Strategy Manager
Under the leadership and direction of the Director of Public Relations, assists in conceptualizing and implementing the Louisville Regional Airport Authority’s (LRAA) strategic communications programs to ensure priority messaging is delivered effectively including the use of strong visuals and compelling narrative. This includes management of social media, website, internal communications, publications, visual assets, creative needs and other projects.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Social Media Administration: Responsible for determining and developing social media content and the daily implementation of the LRAA’s social media outreach through competitive research, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification. Includes collaboration with all departments and cross-functional partners to create, support and execute content, campaigns and initiatives.
- Website: Manages the design of and written content for FlyLouisville.com, ensuring information is engaging, up-to-date, accurate and complies with communications and LRAA standards. Extensive knowledge of web-based, digital content management systems and basic HTML coding preferred.
- Publications: Responsible for the content, photography, production and layout/design of LRAA’s publications, collateral materials, brochures, presentations, special exhibits, media materials and annual reports. This includes creation and development of the LRAA’s e-communications/newsletters and their audience growth and engagement.
- Internal Collaborations: Manages routine internal collaboration with all departments and key stakeholders to ensure effectiveness of the LRAA’s internal communication efforts as well as overall messaging. This will include management of LRAA Intranet upon development.
- Graphics Development: Responsible for visual content, design and layout of graphics for LRAA communications program, social media outreach, marketing, messaging campaigns and event notices for print and electronic media. This includes production with vendors when required. Extensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and basic HTML coding preferred.
- Visual Assets: Manages all visual assets for the LRAA including photography needs, video production and animation development. This includes working with outside vendors as needed. Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Rush preferred.
- Define and evolve the standards for the above duties and responsibilities to continuously enhance the quality, relevance, consistency, and uniqueness of the work output.
- Perform other duties as assigned including, but not limited to, support for special events, customer service initiatives and media relations.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain appropriate LRAA driving privileges.
- Ability to act with integrity and professionalism.
- Proven ability to appropriately handle confidential data, materials, and correspondence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle crisis communications including maintaining a calm, reassuring demeanor throughout event.
- Ability to positively influence and work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound independent judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Rush and InDesign as well as web-based, digital content management systems including basic HTML coding preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Strategic Design or other closely related field.
- A Minimum of 3 years of experience working in content strategy, public relations, marketing or a closely related field.
The Public Relations Department oversees the LRAA’s 24/7 customer service and media relations programs. The unpredictable nature of these responsibilities requires all personnel in the department to be flexible and available to work non-traditional business hours with little, and at times, no notice — including evenings, weekends, holidays and during inclement weather. Work is largely performed in an office environment; however, at times may require being outdoors.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the incumbent of this job. Incumbent may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.