PROGRAM: External Relations
Manager of Fund Development / Sr. Director of Development
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Fund Development
STATUS: FT Exempt
FUNCTION: The Manager of Fund Development assists in securing financial support and promoting brand awareness within the chartered territory of Volunteers of America Mid-States, Inc. Working primarily with the External Relations leadership and fellow fund development team members, this position executes plans in connection with new and existing fund development opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS: The position requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of related experience in fund development and event planning. Project management experience is required. Experience managing multiple stakeholders through Raiser’s Edge, or similar donor management system strongly preferred.
Demonstrated skills in the following areas are critical: relationship development, excellent writing and editing skills, project management, event planning, and ability to support the work of the External Relations team. A commitment to working with disadvantaged persons within an ethical framework is important.
1. Assist in planning and executing the annual major gifts plan generating support from individuals, corporations, and foundations to meet individual and agency goals.
2. Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and large sustained base of annual individual donors.
3. Document existing and create new donor cultivation processes in conjunction with our donor management system, Raiser’s Edge.
4. Assist in planning and executing high impact special events.
5. Research, identify, and cultivate new donors in keeping with VOA’s approach to relationship development.
6. Partner with other VOA leaders for market development and community engagement.
7. Travel as needed to meet with donors, staff, and external relations team members.
8. Performance Quality Improvement (PQI) duties as assigned by supervision & PQI Committee.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
1. Sustainable development of new donors and strong cultivation of existing relationships with individual and corporate relationships.
2. Fund development models and agency as a whole are compliant with all applicable regulations and best practices.
To apply for this job email your details to Reginaldm@voamid.org